By popular demand the TK Custom Moon Clip Saver Tool is back in stock! This tool can straighten bent full moon clips.
Moon Clip Saver Tool
S & W 6, 7 & 8 - Shot (User Instructions)
A Hard-flat surface is recommended to push against.
- Place the bent moon clip onto the beveled depression/machined circle in the base.
- Place the center press pin starting angle “B” facing out, into the top.
- Insert top assembly into the base holding the bent moon clip.
- Give several forceful presses down onto the moon clip, flip the moon clip over and repeat.
- Do this until one side of the moon clip (is cupped at this point) has all the outside edges resting evenly on a flat surface.
- Reverse the center press pin so finishing angle “A” is facing out, and reinsert into the top.
- Place the moon clip with the cupped side down into the beveled depression/machined circle of the base.
- Insert the top assembly into the base.
- Press down on the moon clip pistol repair tool and gradually lighten the pressure until the moon clip is straight.
- A Hard-flat surface is recommended to push against.
- Check for straightness/flatness on the flat bottom of the base.
- Repeat the steps if necessary, until moon clip is straight and flat.
i purchased the moon clip saving tool and was able to restore all of my damaged clips. the cost of the tool has already proved to be cheaper than to replace them.