Achieve precise and accurate line spacing for checkering backstraps, triggerguards, grip frames, ribs, and hammer spurs with our Checkering File. This specialized tool is essential for creating improved gripping surfaces where a fine, matting effect is desired to reduce glare and light distortion. Whether you're a professional gunsmith or a skilled hobbyist, our Checkering File is the key to achieving flawless checkering patterns.
Key Features and Benefits:
1. True and Accurate Line Spacing: Our Checkering File is the only way to ensure true and accurate line spacing in your checkering work. It allows you to create consistent and well-defined patterns that enhance both aesthetics and functionality.
2. Fine Cuts for Reduced Glare: The fine cuts made by this file produce a pleasing matting effect on the surface, effectively reducing glare and light distortion. This feature is particularly important for enhancing the grip without compromising visibility.
3. Easy-to-Follow Procedure: The procedure for using the Checkering File is similar to wood checkering. Start by laying out your master lines or using a guide like our .45 Checkering Guide. Then, establish the pattern by moving the file a few teeth each time, using the previous lines as a guide.
4. Final Depth with Needle File: Once you have fully laid out the pattern, bring it to the final depth using a 60° needle file. This step ensures that your checkering work is consistent and professional in appearance.
- Length: 8" (20.3cm)
- Width: 1/2" (12.7mm)
- Cutting Area: 6" (15.2cm) x 1/2" (12.7mm)
In summary, our Checkering File is an indispensable tool for gunsmiths and craftsmen seeking to enhance the gripping surfaces of firearms. It allows for true and accurate line spacing, fine cuts to reduce glare, and a straightforward procedure for achieving consistent checkering patterns. Elevate your checkering work with this precision tool and create professional-grade results.