S&W Competition Extended Firing Pin
S&W, after January 2012, has used all MIM (Metal Injected Molded) internal action parts in all of their revolvers, including their standard production and Performance Center revolvers to reduce manufacturing costs. The down side to that is when doing an action job to these MIM components, the result is less than satisfactory.
TK Custom™ designed and manufactures S&W Competition Tool Steel internal parts to replace the MIM parts and get an exquisite revolver action job in the Performance Center N-Frame revolvers (Model's 627, 929, etc.).
- Easy drop in installation.
- Manufactured of tool steel CNC machined, then heat treated to (50 Rockwell hardness),
- S&W Extended Firing Pin for Competition is made of 17-4 heat treated stainless steel and includes a reduced power firing pin return spring.
- Designed to reliably ignite, properly seated, Federal primers used by reloaders, in highly modified S&W revolvers, used in Competition.
- TK is lasered on the end of the replacement firing pin, as our brand recognition. No confusion as to what brand of firing pin you are using!
- Overall length is: .500 / Factory stock is .490
- Fits S&W K, L & N frame revolvers with internal firing pin. / NO RIMFIRE Revolvers!
K-Frame Models: 31, 34, 45, 48, 53, 547, 56, 64, 647, 648, 65, 66, 67, 68, 696
L-Frame Models: 242, 296, 386, 396, 581, 586, 619, 620, 646, 681, 686, 686 Plus, 986
N-Frame Models: 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 325PD, 329PD, 520, 57, 58, 610, 624, 625, 627, 629, 657, 929
- Gunsmith fitting is required for hammer, sear, trigger and cylinder stop.
- Excessive dry firing (thousands' of times) using S&W revolvers, WITHOUT dummy rounds in each chamber to absorb some of the forward movement of the firing, may cause the firing pin tip to fatigue and break off.
- Broken Firing pins will be replaced by TKC, just ask and show proof.